Adopt a Pet
You are here
Adopt your next pet from the Humane Society and give a homeless animal the family he deserves. Nearly 6,000 socially responsible families chose adoption last year rather than a pet-store purchase where animals are sold and raised for profit.
Keeping Pets & People Together
Give your cats and dogs a wonderful gift for the new year by simply ensuring that they are micro chipped and that your current contact information is on file with us. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an update form by fax, mail or email.
Always ensure that your pets have identification. Animals found running at-large should be taken to the Humane Society's 24-hour animal intake center, where they will have the best chance of being reunited with their owners.
Pets without ID are held at the Society for a minimum of 48 hours before being eligible for adoption. Stray pets with a license, tag, microchip or other form of ID are held for a minimum of 9 days before becoming eligible for adoption.
Lost Pet Tips
- Search your home and neighborhood thoroughly.
- File a lost animal report; visit the Humane Society in person and bring a photo of your pet.
- Advertise your lost pet in the newspaper and call your radio station.
- Check the 'found' ads in the newspaper every day.
- Make fliers with your pet?s photo and give them to local mail carriers, veterinary clinics and stores.
- Keep visiting the Society every other day to look for your pet in person, and check the new Web pages daily.
- When you find your pet, call the Society immediately at 946-2187, ext. 2, so we can continue to focus on pets who are still lost.